Learn, Respect, Succeed
The Meridian International School provides each student with a broad, balanced education in a safe and supportive environment.
We promote an enjoyment of learning, creativity and excellence whilst working in close harmony with our diverse community.
We enable students to reach their full potential and develop skills to become independent, respectful and caring adults who will be successful and contribute to global society.
At Meridian International School :
- We believe that all our pupils and staff are unique human beings, capable of spiritual, moral, intellectual and physical growth and development.
- We value truth, freedom, justice, human rights, the law and collective effort for the common good.
- We believe that pupils need to be taught to learn and build on new skills and develop socially.
- We value families as sources of love and support for all their members, and as the basis of a society in which people care for others. We believe we should respect the people, places and environment around us.
- We also wholly believe that pupils learn to value and treat others with respect, not only for what they have but also for what we can do for them.
- We recognise and celebrate achievement.
- We believe relationships are fundamental to the development and fulfilment of ourselves and others, and for the good of both the local and wider international community.
- We aim to develop a love of learning, which will remain with the individual long after the process of formal education has finished.
- We will provide a balanced and broad curriculum which will include all pupils of different abilities and needs, from Kindergarten to Secondary.
- We offer a range of extracurricular activities and trips to broaden the experience of school for our pupils and to enrich their learning of academic and social skills.
- We will encourage cross–curricular learning, supported by advancements in technology wherever possible to enhance the learning of our pupils.
- We will provide our pupils with a stimulating and caring environment to learn within, where the development of the whole child is a priority. We also encourage our pupils to develop as independent learners who can make positive choices for their own learning and development.
- We fully encourage parents to take an active role in their child’s education and development.
- We aim to reward achievement of all members of our school community for their successes.
- Our pupils are members of their local community and of our host country, Ukraine. We recognise our students come from a multitude of cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds. We therefore seek to provide a secular education that reflects and draws from this diversity by embracing the ideals of international understanding and responsible citizenship
“Meridian International School emphasises the importance of following of these core values to our school community. These values represent a concern for excellence, equity and the promotion of a caring, civil and just society. They are common to most cultures.”
We are eager to achieve our own goals using our skills, knowledge on understanding.
Our ability to share and understand someone else’s feelings or experiences by imagining what it would be like to be in that person’s position at that time.
We will be recognised and characterised by our showing of politeness and deference to all without bias.
New ideas and solutions allow us to implement positive changes and have successful students
The state or quality of being worthy of honour or respect.
We are committed to maintaining the highest standard of positive behavior, fairness, honesty and a safe environment.
The ability to learn from experience, and then apply that learning to perform successfully under new situations.
Integrating high moral principles into the education of our students